20 Ways to Make Your Houseboat Vacation Even More Romantic
With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, couples are busy looking for ways to surprise their significant others. Shower your sweetie with a little extra praise and affection this February by taking a Cottonwood Cove vacation—and making it one to remember. Need a little inspiration? Here are 20 simple ways to make your houseboat vacation even more romantic.
- Gift your loved one a dozen roses, but with a twist: Eleven red roses and one white rose. Attach a note that reads, “In every bunch there’s one who stands out. You are that one.”
- Schedule romance into your trip. On even days, it’s your turn to be romantic. On odd days, it’s your partner’s turn.
- Surprise your partner with a Forever Houseboat vacation. Complete the reservation and let them know their only task is to pack.
- Make a giant greeting card out of a big cardboard box and hide it until you get on the boat.
- Have a candlelight dinner.
- If you aren’t normally the person who cooks, consider preparing one of these easy recipes to surprise your loved one.
- Pack “his and hers” matching pajamas.
- Rent a houseboat with a hot tub.
- Present your loved one with a personal coupon book full of things you are willing to do for them. For example, you can buy notecards and write “good for one car detail” or “good for one full body massage.”
- Have “your song” play over the speakers during sunset.
- Make a toast to one another every time you hold a wineglass. Make eye contact. Take turns making the toast. You could even whisper it.
- Spread rose petals all over your room.
- Say “I love you” at least three times in one day.
- Let your partner be the boat captain for a while and take silly photos together.
- Give them a massage before bedtime.
- Slow dance on the top deck.
- Watch a romantic movie.
- Write sweet messages on Post-it notes and stick them around the cabin.
- Feed each other chocolate-covered strawberries.
Expressing your romantic side doesn’t have to be a huge production. Ultimately, it’s about spending quality, uninterrupted time together. What better time to focus on your sweetie than on a boat with your cell phones and laptops turned off? Unplug this vacation, and just enjoy each other’s company for Valentine’s Day.
Book online or call 1-800-255-5561 to start planning your holiday trip.